Thursday 12 February 2009

Well well well

Good afternoon all Followers of this blog and curious people just browsing through,
I am aware that the last few entries were pretty dull, but still important in the overall journey I am going through.
I have been reading two books which I warmly recommend to all Thyroid (no I don't want to define us as victims: we have to fight hard)..mhmmm "patients" (there couldn't be a worse word to describe me...I am so not patient at all!!!)well here are the titles:
The Great Thyroid Scandal and How to Survive It
A New Book by Dr. Barry Durrant-Peatfield
This doctor had some problems with the NHS for having been bold and forward thinking in matter of how British doctors are trained in curing all Thyroid imbalances.
It is a scary read but I cannot wait to meet this doctor.
The other book is The Thyroid Diet by Mary J Shomon.

From all this reading I found out that being tired and generally disinterested in going out is part of the symptoms of having an underactive thyroid, like myself.
I used to be a very active individual, always busy studying, teaching, performing, devising, fundrasing, working, taking part in Buddhist cultural activities, dancing, organizing evenings with friends, going to concerts...now I have to really struggle to go from the sofa to the toilet.
I am aware that many people in the world are currently going through the same feeling: it is awful.
I fight withing myself to go to the gym and I have lost for the last two weeks.
Today I will probably go to my favourite aquaerobics class. The teacher reminds me a lot of myself pre-hypothiroidism, therefore is a mixture of pleasure and pain.
Her body is as magnificent as mine used to be and her attitude is very funny and "hardcore". She uses a lot of combact movements in her class, reminding me of when I used to train with Shaolin Monk S.Y. in Brixton Accademy.
Now I merely manage to bounce from the pull stairs into the water...and yet I have to find the self respect and love for this new morbid me.
I have to for myself and for all of the other women out there suffering from being overweight and despised for any reason.
I feel this is part of my mission in this lifetime: being fab and flab.
Good luck to me
XXX to you
M

No comments: