Wednesday 15 April 2009

Newly found inspiration: winning hope

Good morning to all followers, declared and non...may you feel the healing I am experiencing right now.
It is like starting to wake up from a long nightmare. Not completely awaken yet but already feeling better.
The reason? A post-modern multidisciplinary combination of factors.
First of all I have finally found a suitable new job. I will be proudly switching my career focus to social work, after a lifetime of volunteering I have decided to follow my heart and go for it.
Finally I put an end to the upsetting long string of letters with the same dry message:-'sorry to inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this application but we wish you good luck for your job search'!
After a period of asking myself where all this brilliant candidates with better qualifications and experience than mine hide on a daily basis -maybe they live in a sub town of geniuses...certainly I didn't meet any of them in schools, hospitals, agencies and offices I have used recently...
My focused chanting of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to find a job that I truly enjoy, that inspires me and gives me a clears career path connected to my passions and life experiences has finally manifested. I had no doubt...there was one somewhere...but it has been hiding really well.
Finally I heard the words:' you were the best candidate' and 'I look forward to working with you'.
Wow! It's a completely different tune! A different music style all together.
And wait to read what follows as it is just amazing.
I will be working with elderly individuals suffering from dementia.
My friends reaction was comparable to the one I got when I found my first job selling books in 1989! Just because I love books so much I was over the moon but my excitement was hardly comprehended by everybody else around me.
The main point is: I have discovered some very important information.
Hypothyroidism is one of the possible causes of Dementia. My first benefit will be to change my deepest karma by helping others suffering from the one of the worse consequences of my own personal disease.
My second benefit is that while studying to prepare for this job I have discovered some very useful information about my illness that no doctor, dietitian or nutritionist was able to offer up to now.
My third and most important benefit is that I love my manager already, after only two meetings. She is a very clever and sensitive woman with a great taste in choosing candidates.
So I have decided to change the colour of this blog from a depressing black background into an healing blue.
According to Colour Therapy the color blue relates to the Troat Chakra.
The organs associated to this particular Chakra are the troat, the lungs and the endocrine gland is the thyroid gland. I have also managed to discover what caused that burning sensation: the upper digestive tract can be affected by imbalance in this area.
According to the Colour Therapy professionals blue relates to self-expression. Do you remember my article on the matter a few weeks ago? I invite you to read it again.

'Speech, communication, the ability to communicate our needs and requirements. Spirit of truth and purpose.' (http://www.colourtherapyhealing.com/colour/blue.php)
Last night I have also cooked some Kombu seaweed. This is a food rich in iodine which is crucial to help healing from Hypothyroidism as well as to prevent Dementia.
This link gave me some more information on natural remedies and dietary requirements for people suffering from low thyroid function:
http://www.naturalways.com/thyroid.htm

Apparently together with all refined foods, saturated fats, sugars, and white flour products, brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, mustard greens,also peaches and pears have anti-thyroid substances and may suppress the thyroid function. They do not mention the strawberries though, which previously we found part of the 'no no group'.
While advising to consume at least half the amount of food as fresh and organically produced it confirms my love affair with Kefir is great as the enzymes from live foods help to maintain a proper metabolism.
This link also finally mentions what the hell WE ARE supposed to eat...do you agree that usually it is merely mentioned what to avoid leaving a big space for confusion?
Here a POSITIVE LIST OF FOODS WE SHOULD BE EATING TO HELP THE THYROID FUNCTION, ladies and gentlemen:
* ALL FOODS RICH IN VITAMIN A - yellow vegetables, eggs, carrots, and dark green vegetables (excluding the cabbage family).
*ALL IODINE RICH FOODS - fish and sea veg:arame, kelp, dulse, hijike, nori, wakame, and kombu. Seaweeds are very nourishing to the glands.
*BLACK AND RED RADISHES were apparently used by Russian doctors as a cure for Hypothyroidism : 'Raphanin, the main sulphur component in radishes, is chiefly responsible for keeping the production of thyroxine and calcitonin (a peptide hormone) in normal balance'.
*SEEDS, NUTS (no pinuts) NUT MILKS ( I love the Jamaican green coconut...they sell in the summer in London...cannot wait!Last year I drunk 2 on a row and the jelly...yummy!)
*VEGETABLE JUICES 'includes the juice of a few radishes, carrot, tomato, celery or zucchini, with a pinch of kelp' - I stopped using my juicer as the dietitian told me it was better to consume the products including the fiber to avoid assuming too much sugar!!! Well I will start again from tomorrow!
- beneficial ingredients for vegetable juice combinations include: alfalfa, all leafy greens, beet tops, carrots, celery, green peppers, parsley, seaweeds, sprouts, and watercress.

I also started to take vitamin B12 everyday as I do not eat meat and this is mainly found in meat...
Another 'new entry' is the Bach flowers 'Wild Rose' remedy.
This remedy is for people who have accepted all that life throws at them and have given up the struggle for fulfilment. Instead they have resigned themselves to the way things are, to the extent where they don't even complain or seem particularly unhappy. Instead they shrug their shoulders - there's no point complaining or trying to change - and seem happy just to drift through life.

The remedy is given to reawaken interest in life. The positive Wild Rose person will still be a happy-go-lucky type, but instead of apathy will feel a sense of purpose that will bring increased happiness and enjoyment.
Dr Bach's description:

Those who without apparently sufficient reason become resigned to all that happens, and just glide through life, take it as it is, without any effort to improve things and find some joy. They have surrendered to the struggle of life without complaint.

That was me...almost.
Well it is working, I feel more positive and 'combative'.
I have noticed last night during my late aquaerobics session with the pretty young instructor all the girls fancy. He pushed us to work so hard that I almost had an heart attack...but I didn't give up. Let's fight and win together!
Ciao
XXX
Marybel

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Congratulations!!! I used to work in Foster Care, and any type of social work can be quite a challenge. It takes a truly special person to be able to take on this kind of role, so they must have seen you as a strong woman with a huge heart. Good luck & congrats on finding your calling!

Fatdess said...

Thank you for your kind comment,Ashley.
In reality I have a great deal of experience as I have already worked as a volunteer in the social sector for many years as well as with art projects.
It is just the first time that I will get paid to do just what comes most natural to me...sharing my heart...that' is fab!
Best wishes to you too
x
M