Wednesday 8 April 2009

The sleep study night 8 April 2009

Tonight I will have to sleep with a sleep study machine attached to my body and my nose...Dr. S. told me that sleep could be one of the reasons for weight gain.
At the hospital I asked the technician who explained me how to use the machine about it , but he asked me if I was going to have the operation.
The operation they keep pushing as the solution to all my problems is the gastric band! No I will not!
So I searched the Internet and found this link:
http://www.sleep-deprivation.com/articles/effects-of-sleep-deprivation/weight.php
Apparently there is a commonly accepted relationship with poor sleeping patterns and weight gain.
So at 8pm I started wearing the machine. Elastic bands, nose sensors, red light on ring finger...an ET movie...
How could anyone sleep better with all this devices attached to the body with cello tape? I certainly did not.
I woke up at lest 5 times if not 10.
Doctor S. is currently on holidays and I have an appointment booked with him to check the results...let's hope they finally start to understand what is wrong with me ...

No comments: