Thursday 19 March 2009

Weight gain! Going deeper.

I went to see the dietitian at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London on the 17 March 2009 afternoon and found out that I have gained one more kg!
I am now in March 2009 1.14 kilograms which corresponds to 0.179519271 stones.
At one month away from my goal and determination of halving my weight excess I have obtained the opposite result.
I have admitted a lowering of my energy levels and consequentially a decrease in exercise and visits to the gym. This condition called hypothyroidism is really an hellish state.
On one hand I want to react and win over my weight increase, on the other the very energy to carry out the necessary activities is lacking. The desire to relax and sleep wins over the strongest of motivations.
Furthermore, even though I am paying a membership to a very expensive gym, I can only take part in aquaerobics classes as my body-weight prevents me from being able to follow a class outside the water.
Even a yoga class is often too challenging for me.
My feelings oscillate from frustration to guilt, from hope to disappointment.
I got some points from the dietitian:
1) use less olive oil - about 1 teaspoon per day
2) increase the levels of exercise
3)make ice lollies at home to avoid added sugar
4) swap from half fat milt to no-fat, red bottle.
My diet usually consists of a big breakfast including: 1 egg, 1 thin slice of cheese, 1 wholemeal pitta bread and some vegetables or salad.
My lunch is varied, could be a small ball of rice or pasta with vegetables.
Snacks include home-made kefir, yogurt and smaller amounts of fruit. ( I used to consume fruit in large quantities but since attending session with the dietitian I have decreased the amount of fruit consumed dramatically).
My dinner is consumed around 5/6pm. Usually is a soup or a fish dish or some grilled vegetables.
I stopped keeping a daily diary discouraged by the lack of results and in the conviction that my diet is balanced and very much reduced in amount and substance to what I have consumed for the rest of my life, when I was very slim.
Yesterday my lunch was a a cup of japanese seaweed soup and a small bawl of boiled rice with soy sauce. I drank two glasses of home made kefir, which is supposed to be great fro the stomac and very beneficial in general to the immune system.
My dinner was a pitta bread with salad and homemade falafels (not fird but cooked in the oven with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and water). At 9pm I had a pinapple yogurt pot. I drunk two cups of earl gray tea, water and green tea all day.
I received some dougnats as a present from some guests but did not taste even a little piece.
This morning I have decided to go even deeper.
I have a lot of respect for Louise Hay's intuition of the metaphysical causes of illnesses and I have often applied her positive affirmations for other problems.
Today I went for the first time to check her opinion on hypothyroidism.
I will go deeper on my next post.
ciao.

No comments: